Get Your Smile Back With Dentures in Dallas, TX
Some form of dentures have been used to replace teeth for thousands of years. Improvements have been made along the way of course – including the fairly recent practice of attaching dentures to dental implants. At American Family Dental, we offer multiple types of dentures – both with and without implants – so you can get the right replacement teeth for your smile.Doctor Cary Shatto on Dentures Read Transcript
There are several options for missing teeth. If you have some remaining natural teeth and you're missing quite a bit of teeth, partial dentures is a way to replace all the missing teeth in the entire arch all at the same time. It's a removable type appliance.
Nowadays the type of partials that we make are so much more comfortable because they're not as rigid. They don't have metal like they used to. I mean we're pretty much a metal free practice here. Even our partial dentures here do not have metal like the old timey partial dentures. There's a little bit of flexibility. They're very comfortable. They're very natural. They look great.
We can even convert those dentures later on if the patient decides they want to get into implants or we want to fixate the denture we can fixate the entire denture to the implants. We can actually create a snap on type of denture to the implants.
Yeah, if somebody is in need of partial dentures or dentures to replace their teeth, I've been doing that for 25 years. I'm very good at it. It's one of the things that we can help you with and we would love to see you for that.
- Being able to reveal a complete smile
- Looking healthier because your face is now fuller
- Chewing and eating a wide variety of food again
To discuss your teeth replacement options with Dallas, TX dentist Dr. Cary Shatto, call 214-360-7261.
Enjoy Lots of Dentures Options
Because every dental situation is different, we offer lots of dentures options. They include:
- Full Dentures – These are a reliable and affordable way to replace a full mouth of missing teeth. Dr. Shatto will ensure they fit well.
- Partial Dentures – These replacement teeth can work well if you still have some of your teeth.
- Temporary Dentures – You can get temporary dentures on the same day your teeth are extracted, so you never have to be without your smile. After your mouth fully heals, Dr. Shatto can tweak the fit of your temporary dentures or fit you for a new set.
- Dental Implant Dentures – Dentures with implants feel and function more like your natural teeth. We even have options that can snap on to your implants.
Dental Implant Dentures Offer Many Benefits
Your jaw will stay stronger and healthier with dental implant dentures than with traditional dentures. Dental implants actually fuse to your bone and act like tooth roots, so your bone won’t shrink over time.
In addition to improved oral health, dental implant dentures offer:
- Versatility – You can get full dentures or partial dentures with implants. You’ll also be able to choose replacement teeth you can remove yourself for cleaning or ones that only a dentist will remove. You may even be a candidate for a procedure where you receive implants and replacement teeth all in the same day.
- Convenience – Depending on the type of replacement teeth you choose, caring for them can be as simple as brushing and flossing. Plus, you’ll no longer need adhesive.
- Confidence – Because dental implants are embedded in your jaw, your dental implant dentures will stay put. No more worries about your teeth becoming dislodged!
To find out more about dentures, call 214-360-7261.