Save Your Smile With Gum Disease Treatment in Dallas, TX
Gum disease is a serious threat to your smile and your health. It’s the leading cause of adult tooth loss and is linked to a number of dangerous systemic problems with your overall health. Keep that from happening by visiting our Dallas, TX dentist office for gum disease treatment with Dr. Shatto and our experienced periodontist, Dr. Monica Bazan.Doctor Cary Shatto on Gum Disease Treatment Read Transcript
When patients come to the office and we evaluate them, we take a full set of x-rays and myself and the hygienist will take a look and if patients have some gum issues that we can tell, such as gum disease. It could be from gingivitis to paradental disease, we educate the patient on that and how it relates to the mouth to body connection, how it effects can affect the organs of the body. But we'll do deep cleanings, what we call gum therapy to try to reduce the bacteria county, the tartar and try to get the pockets to a stable condition. Now, if all else fails, we have a periodontist by the name of Dr. Pizon. She comes in and she fights gum disease with a more in depth procedure and we just have it all covered for patients that have gum problems and we try to get them back to where they're pocket free and the bacteria in their teeth are in stable condition and not lose anymore. Then we can keep them on a regular scheduled maintenance cleaning so that not only we can clean their teeth, but we can monitor their progress and make sure that they're doing their homework, make sure that the flossing and the brushing is not only being done but we monitor techniques and we give pointers on ways of getting a better result with cleaning.
Don’t take chances with your oral and overall health! To get healthy gums again, call 214-360-7261 today for an appointment. Through early detection and effective treatment, you can bounce back from gum disease, restore your oral health, and save your smile.
Restore Your Gum Health With Scaling & Root Planing
At American Family Dental, Dr. Shatto and skilled periodontist Dr. Bazan will provide the best treatment for your situation and help you begin the healing process from this oral bacterial infection.
Here are some ways we can treat gum disease:
- Scaling & Root Planing – These non-surgical treatment options involve deeply cleaning bacteria from under the gumline and carefully smoothing tooth roots so your gums can reattach to your teeth as they heal.
- Topical Antibiotics – It’s common for there to be resistant bacteria remaining in certain gum pockets after a deep cleaning. So, in addition to scaling and root planing, we may apply Arestin®, a topical antibiotic, to your gums as a supplemental step in the healing process.
- Periodontal Surgery – If your gum disease is severe or has resulted in tooth loss, we may need to perform a gum graft procedure to restore recessed gums. This can also allow them to be healthy enough to support a dental implant and restoration if needed.
- Gum Reshaping & Crown Lengthening – In some cases, it may benefit you to alter the shape of your gums. Removing excess tissue can make you less prone to gum infection.
- Routine Dental Cleanings & Exams – An important part of getting your gums healthy again is with close monitoring by Dr. Shatto on a routine basis. We’ll help you fight gum disease and keep it from stealing your smile!
Learn the Symptoms of Gum Disease
If you notice changes to the way your gums look and feel, such as …
- Redness or swelling
- Soreness or tenderness
- Bleeding when brushing or flossing
- Persistent bad breath
- Loose or shifting teeth
… you should contact us right away so we can inspect your teeth and gums. After a deep cleaning and thorough dental exam, we’ll be able to determine if you’re being affected by gum disease infection and begin taking steps to eradicate it.
There is hope after periodontal disease. For gum disease treatment at American Family Dental, call our Dallas, TX dental office today at 214-360-7261.