Fill Gaps in Your Smile With Dental Implants in Dallas, TX
Most replacement teeth require you to make lifestyle adjustments such as changing your diet or oral hygiene routine. But dental implants give you a smile so similar to the one you were born with that you’ll need to make few, if any, changes. Implants feel, look, and function like natural teeth.Doctor Cary Shatto on Dental Implants Read Transcript
We provide the dental implant solution here. We can replace one tooth. We can replace multiple teeth. We can replace an entire arch.
Implant dentistry has really come a long way. You're actually ... You're not just replacing the tooth, but you're actually preserving your bone. You're preserving the facial structure, because the bone in your jaws is reliant on something being in there. So when you take teeth out and you do not replace teeth, you're actually ... You're hurting your bone, because, over time, that bone disappears.
So by having implants in there, you're actually helping to preserve that bone so that you're not shrinking your face. You're keeping your face to its youthful appearance.
There's basically three components, but we place the actual implant surgically, you heal for a while, and you come back and we can replace that entire tooth by actually putting a crown on top of that implant.
If you're missing more than one tooth, we can actually put two or three implants in there and create a bridge of fixed teeth to chew with and look great. If you have a failing arch, we can basically replace all those failing teeth with a fixated set of implant and teeth that stay in there permanently, or we can put implants in there for a pop-in type of denture that snaps in, snaps out. So there's a variety of things that we are able to do with implant dentistry today.
Compared to dentures or other traditional teeth replacements, implants are:
- Less likely to embarrass – Implants are embedded in your jaw. So when Dr. Cary Shatto attaches your new teeth to them, they’ll stay put no matter what you eat or do. No more embarrassing slippage!
- Better for your oral health – Implants stimulate your jaw much like natural tooth roots do, so the bone stays healthy and strong. Since your bone doesn’t shrink, your replacement teeth will continue to fit and function well.
- More comfortable – Implants feel and perform so much like natural teeth, many people forget they even have them!
- More convenient – Depending on which kind of teeth replacements you choose, you can care for them simply by brushing and flossing. You won’t need adhesive to keep them in place.
- Long lasting – With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
To find out more about teeth implants, call our Dallas, TX dentist office at 214-360-7261.
Choose the Right Dental Restoration for Your Implants
A dental implant procedure can replace anywhere from one tooth to a whole mouthful of teeth. Dr. Shatto will both place and restore implants in our office for less complicated cases like a single tooth implant. For more complex procedures such as full-mouth dental implants, he’ll refer you to a local oral surgeon for implant placement and then restore the implants in our office.
You can choose:
- Dental implants with a crown – Dr. Shatto will attach a dental crown to a single implant to replace one tooth.
- Dental implants with a bridge – To replace several teeth, he can attach a bridge to two or more implants.
- Dental implants with dentures – You can get either partials or full dentures with implants. Depending on the type of dentures you choose, you’ll be able to remove them yourself for cleaning or they’ll be removed only by a dentist.
All the dental implants options can seem confusing. Fortunately, Dr. Shatto can help you select the best implants for your smile!
You May Be Able to Get New Teeth in a Single Day
You may be a candidate to receive your implants and replacement teeth in a single day. Your teeth will be removed and implants placed, then you’ll receive temporary teeth so you never need to be without your smile. When your implants are fully healed, you’ll get final replacement teeth.
You needn’t be nervous about a same-day procedure or any other dental implants process. At American Family Dental, we offer two kinds of safe dental sedation to keep you relaxed throughout your treatment.
To find out if you’re a candidate for dental implants, call 214-360-7261.