Enjoy Pain-Free Eating Again With Restorative Dentistry in Dallas, TX!
Weak, damaged, or missing teeth are oral health problems that anyone can face throughout a lifetime. Teeth that don’t function like they’re supposed to also make chewing food more difficult, and oftentimes, even painful. We can fix that with our restorative dentistry services in Dallas, TX! Dr. Shatto can give you a strong, healthy smile so you can enjoy eating all your favorite foods comfortably again.Doctor Cary Shatto on Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
At American Family Dental, we provide a lot in restorative dentistry. I love to restore teeth, I love to bring teeth back to their original condition so we do crowns, we do fixed bridges to replace teeth. With the advent of implant dentistry, I do a lot of implants. We can restore one tooth to many teeth or the full arch. We do what's called composite fillings, there's no metal. We've kind of gotten away from the metal, it can give people allergies, metal allergies and their gums are puffy and that sort of thing. So our fillings are tooth colored, they look natural, they feel natural. And crowns, bridges, it's all pretty much metal free here and that's kind of our approach with restorative dentistry.
With restorative dentistry, you can:
- Strengthen a weak tooth
- Repair a damaged tooth
- Treat tooth decay and cavities
- Prevent the spread of infection
- Replace missing teeth
- Preserve the appearance of your smile
Repair damaged teeth and get back to eating the foods you love with our restorative dental treatment in Dallas, TX. Call us today at 214-340-4965 for an appointment.
Treat Cavities With Tooth-Colored Fillings!
You’ve probably been warned about tooth decay since you were a kid, and there’s good reason for that! It’s a process that starts when bacteria in your mouth create acids that eat through your tooth enamel. If undetected, tooth decay forms holes, or cavities, that expose your tooth to harmful bacteria, allowing easy access for it to get inside and infect your tooth.
We can remove decay and protect your teeth from further harm with our tooth-colored fillings. American Family Dental is a metal-free practice, so we fill cavities with a safe composite material that can be matched to your tooth’s natural color. After Dr. Shatto removes the decayed portion of the tooth and seals the cavity with a tooth-colored filling, your smile will be healthy and beautiful again.
Other Ways to Get Back the Beauty & Function of Your Teeth
When you’re experiencing problems with the way your teeth look, feel, and function, Dr. Shatto will perform the restorative treatment you need to make them strong, healthy, and attractive.
Here are several treatment options we offer:
- Inlays and Onlays – We use inlays and onlays to repair a tooth that’s been fractured or decayed. This restoration is created to match your tooth’s color and blend in with your smile.
- Dental Crowns & Bridges – A durable, natural-looking dental crown can be used to cover a damaged or discolored tooth and can replace a tooth when it’s bonded between two crowns on either side, known as a dental bridge.
- Root Canal Therapy – When the dental pulp inside a tooth becomes infected, Dr. Shatto will perform root canal therapy to save your smile. He will gently remove the affected tissue and then sanitize and seal the tooth with a strong, beautiful restoration.
- Dental Veneers – Also the way to get a Hollywood smile, dental veneers can be bonded over chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth to protect them from future damage.
- Dental Implants – Working together with a local surgeon if needed, we can use dental implants to replace one, several, or even all your teeth using our various implant restoration solutions.