Relieving Dental Anxiety in Dallas, TX Is Important to Us
At American Family Dental, we focus on your whole health, not just your dental health. That includes relieving dental anxiety so you’re comfortable visiting Dallas, TX dentist Dr. Cary Shatto. Avoiding the dentist, due to anxiety or anything else, negatively impacts your oral health and your overall health.
You’ll find a soothing atmosphere at our office with:
- A dentist who takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer questions
- Private rooms where you can gaze up at a skylight during your treatment
- Music to relax and distract you
- Patient-friendly technology like our intraoral cameras that allow Dr. Shatto to examine your mouth with less poking and prodding
- Safe dental sedation
There’s no need to get stressed if English isn’t your first language. Our bilingual staff can explain everything to you in English or Spanish. Don’t be nervous at the dentist! Call 214-360-7261.
Choose From Two Kinds of Sedation
If our soothing atmosphere and caring staff aren’t enough to relax you, you can choose from two types of sedation: inhaled sedation (laughing gas) or an oral sedative. Both have been safely used in dentistry for many years.
Among factors you’ll want to consider:
- Method of Administration – You receive laughing gas through a small mask you wear over your nose. You take a prescription oral sedative about an hour before your dental appointment.
- Level of Relaxation – Inhaled sedation gives you a pleasant, euphoric feeling. You’ll feel more deeply relaxed with an oral sedative.
- Length of Sedative Effect – Laughing gas takes effect almost immediately and also wears off quickly. You won’t feel groggy and will be able to drive yourself home. You’ll take an oral sedative before your appointment to give it time to take effect. You’ll feel groggy for an extended period, so you’ll need to get a ride to and from our office.
Relieving dental anxiety is a priority at American Family Dental. Call 214-360-7261 to make an appointment.